We’re hiring! Our CEO is looking for an experienced Personal Assistant to join the CHS Family
As a team we are results-driven, commercially minded, self-motivated and entrepreneurial. We are ambitious, vibrant, hardworking and energetic. To join our team you must share our values and team culture and you will be rewarded with flexible working, respect, a fun company to work for and a role that you can be proud of.
About the company
CHS Group connects hotels, venues and specialist suppliers with UK event professionals by delivering trade exhibitions, meet the buyer forums and an awards programme.
We currently organise:
- CHS Leeds & CHS Birmingham, one day exhibitions with over 200 exhibitors for the MICE industry (www.chsleeds.com & www.chsbirmingham.com).
- CHS Awards, an awards programme recognising hotels/venues and individuals within the hospitality industry (www.chsawards.co.uk).
- Independent Venue Roadshows, a series of meet the buyer events for independently owned hotels and venues (www.chsgroupuk.com).
- London MICE Forum (www.chsgroupuk.com).
The role will be varied and will include, but are not limited to:
- Diary Management, including making personal and business appointments
- Travel and hotel booking
- Processing expenses
- Researching venues, suppliers, conference speakers
- Managing team communications and reporting
- Producing reports and board packs
- Compose responses to routine correspondence and emails
- Debt collection
- Posting contracts/agreements
- Inputting new contacts in to CRM system
- Some HR responsibilities (i.e. holiday management)
- Personal assistance to CEO (insurance, personal travel arrangements etc)
Who are we looking for?
As PA to the CEO, you will be pivotal to the success of our business, by ensuring that our CEO’s time is spent wisely. The role requires someone who is uber-organised! You’ll need to be comfortable with both working from home and with our CEO in her home. The work is varied and interesting and we can offer flexible working hours to suit the successful candidate.
As a team, we love the thrill of serving our industry, supporting each other with our positive energy and showing grit and determination when the going gets tough. We’re still a relatively small team, so whilst you’ll have the support of the CEO, we don’t have time to micro-manage – so you’ll need to rely on your own passion and drive to make every day count.
Finally, integrity is key to our culture, so if you’re used to cutting corners this role isn’t for you. You’ll be working with a company that has a great reputation for being open and honest.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good team-player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the enthusiasm and commitment to succeed.
- Enjoy working in a team environment and would thrive in an active/busy role, which requires working without supervision and using his/her own initiative.
- A ‘can do’ approach to work.
- Passionate about customers; presenting trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base.
- Effective active listening and communication skills.
Salary & contract type
If you’re reading this, thinking ‘this is me, this is SO me!’ then here’s how to apply:
The role is permanent, subject to a three-month probation period
- Salary: £12 per hour
- Location: Home based with Head Office in York.
- Hours: Part-time – 16 hours per week
- We are an equal opportunities employer.
6pm on Wednesday 20th November 2019.